Friday, March 30, 2007

The Weekly Rap, or is that Rant!

Well another week in the year has rolled by I officially entered the last year of my twenties. It all happened so fast I am not entirely sure what's going on. The bad news is that I didn't reach my goal weight of 225 by my birthday but I did get close tipping the scale at 227.

Hey 227....That was a TV show with Jackee Harris. What are the chances!?!

Ok - so that really was not much of a coincidence but how often do you get to mention Jackee in day-to-day conversation.

The good news is that I did the Buntzen Lake loop in under 2 Hours yesterday knocking that goal off the charts. I ran most of it but some hills along the trail that absolutely kicked my ass as I hit the wall early in the run. It was almost 12km and I finished in 1 hour and 20 minutes. Considering how badly I was dragging my ass yesterday I am pretty happy with the result.

I also got the Nike+ shoe sensor for my birthday which measures your speed and distance and then you can upload it to the Nike website and they will process a bunch of data for you. Even during the workout the sensor sends information to your iPod and it will talk to you and let you know how you are doing and how much longer you have to run depending on what type of workout you are doing.

It is so freaking cool and it sadly or oddly has made me want to run more. I am not totally sure how it works but it is freaking cool and from my calculations in actually quite accurate. I look forward to using it during the SunRun and the Half Marathon.

As a side note I have jumped out to a big lead on ATB in the Kilometre Khallenge. Only time will tell if he has that testicular fortitude to catch up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home