Monday, March 19, 2007

The Race is On...

So ATB and I decided on a little challenge. I would like to call the Kilometer Khallenge, or the One Month Double K.

The premise is simple.

Starting today, who can log the most KM's. ATB has choosen the slow and steady approach claiming that he will log 5Km a day for a month. That puts him on pace for around 150Km.

That means I will have to do 35Km a week. I am feeling like I can put up a good fight.

I, on the other hand, busted out of the gates the through down the hammer today and did a 10 Km run on the treadmill. I have a feeling this may be the classic case of Tortoise and The Hare, only this time I am hoping the Tortoise loses his resolve.

So get your bets in. Vegas odds put ATB as a slight favorite but underground sources say to bet the farm on Duncan. It will make for an interesting month heading into the 1/2 Marathon.

On the line is...well, I am not totally sure what is on the line. I believe that the prize package is still currently being deliberated.

Well, to get started I will put out this press release from the Hall of Records. I set a couple on Personal Bests over the past week.

On Friday did my Best 5 KM - 26:49 - My first sub 27:00 5km

Today I knocked out my best ever 10Km completing it in 55:00 even.

I feel totally ready for the Sun Run and I believe that was my 5th or 6th 10Km run I have done in the last 3 months. I still need to ramp up to the half marathon. I have about 6 weeks to go and I want to do one 20Km run before the end of this month. So that will probably have to get done in the next couple of weeks. We will see what I can do!!

I found this picture online and it seems to predict the final result of the challenge.


4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 20, 2007 6:44 p.m.  
Blogger Lola Bigcups said...

My money is on Duncan - I've seen all the work he's been putting in. I think Tony might just be lying about his kilometers - sources say not to trust that guy...

March 20, 2007 6:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caputo is the dark horse and consummate cheater--I'm betting on him. Todd

March 20, 2007 6:58 p.m.  
Blogger Hien said...

kinda curious on what Gaby said..how come you erased the comment? I read Tone's blog and BURN..ssss..how are you going to top a japanese mistress shot???lol

March 21, 2007 2:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home