Monday, January 22, 2007

To Try Something Different

I decided that I wanted to try baking.

I made some Pillsbury cookie before Xmas that ended up ok so it got me thinking to maybe try something a little more difficult.

Well, not that much more difficult.

I do consider myself a reasonably good cook. I have whipped up some decent meals in the last few months since I start my change of lifestyle diet and exercise plan. I have invented my own type of enchiladas, in full and snack size versions. I make a mean smokie/pepperoni mushroom cream pasta sauce. I make pretty good potatoes in all shapes and degree of mash. I made an ok chicken fry last weekend, at least I thought it was OK.

Maybe Lola and Maddy have a more honest answer to that question?

So what does this all mean?

Well I decided to try a baked an apple crisp tonight.

I grabbed a recipe online and went to work. For those of you in the know apple crisp is a very easy thing to make. To spice it up a bit I was making a peanut butter apple crisp. I peeled about 4 large apple and I had bought a neat coring tool to slice them with. I added a bunch of stuff to a bowl, like oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and added melted peanut butter and butter, and then put it all into a pie crust.

I have to admit that I didn't make the pie crust from scratch. I baked it for about 30 minutes and presto chango - Peanut Butter Apple Crisp!! I have tasted better but I was happy with myself that I made an edible dessert.

Well maybe Lola should be the judge of that?

...Yummy Apple Crispy Goodness!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum! i love making apple crisp - so simple and sooo good! i definitely need to pick up one of those coring things...it's awesome!
t

January 22, 2007 11:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home