Sunday, January 07, 2007

In with the New Year

So 2006 was pretty good to me. I feel like I accomplished a lot this year, especially personally in the last 4 months. I am really starting to look forward to the 1/2 Marathon in May and the Sun Run in April. I feel like I can really kick some butt and continue to meet my goals over the next few months and through the rest of the year.

I'm actually REALLY looking forward to the 1/2 Marathon. I don't know why. Maybe because it is something that I never thought I would do. I just really think it will be a really exciting day for me. I am going to be really nervous that week and especially that day. I am hoping to put together a big party that night and I'm going to get face-rubbing drunk that night. I think this will serve as one of the biggest accomplishments of my life, outside of being born, and maybe graduating from University.

One of the minor goals I have for the rest of the month of January is to not weigh myself. I have a problem. I have this complusive desire to weigh myself all the time. I think I am starting to understand how eating disorders get started. I would weigh myself at least twice a day and sometimes more.

It was crazy.

There were days when I would weigh myself in the morning before I went to work, weigh myself on the crazy scale at work, weigh myself when I got home from work, and then weigh myself before I went to bed. It was bad enough one night that I weighed myself with and without socks before I went to bed. I think it is getting just a little bit out of hand.

So today was my last official weigh-in on my home scale and clocked in at about 237. So am still below that crazy 240 mark. I promise that I will not weigh in again until Feb. 1st, 2007.

Ok - So that is the update for now.

Other goals for this month:

Run 75 KM in the remaining 3 weeks
Accomplish the 29:00 Minute 5Km
Do at least one 10 Km session
Do core body work outs at least 2 days a week

I think those are fair. Now it is time to go eat dinner.


...Big Guy in a Little Coat!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gaby said...

I think avoiding the scale is a good step forward. Many times people are concentrating on the wrong thing - because the amount that you are working out, yes, you'll lose weight, but more importantly, you'll gain muscle mass so it appears on the scale that you're not meeting your "weight" goal. And that's not the real goal anyway. Your real goal is to gain muscle, build your stamina for the marathon, and generally get healthier. That has nothing to do with "weight".

by the way - he looks damn sexy, as always...

January 08, 2007 5:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Bill... I think your plan sounds great (from a Kinesiologist perspective too!). Good luck in the New Year!

January 10, 2007 5:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home