Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Cheques in the Mail

It is official. I dropped my registration cheque in the mail box today. That means that I have made the financial obligation to do the half marathon now. It was kind of scary when I dropped it in the mail box and there was no turning back.

If you are curious I will be wearing Bib # 6922. I figure that it has my brother's birth date in it so that is a good sign. Now if only 69 meant anything....what it that?...it does?...it means WHAT!!....That's digusting you perverts.

In Other News:

I ran 7km on Monday, 10.8 Km on Tuesday, and 4.2 Km today in order to get to 75Km for the month of January. It was a tough go but I did it. Bonus is I did 10 Km in about 59 Minutes, so under the 60 minute mark. The down side is I did not meet the goal of Core Workout Twice a week.

I did not weigh myself in January. I will step on the scale tomorrow and see how I did. I did not have a great month of eating but I did exercise often enough. I blame any weight gain on Goldfish crackers, Dilly Bars, and the cold I had last week. My guess it that it did not change or a gained a little bit.

So that leaves setting new goals for the month of February, so here we go:

1) No Pizza in February - It is my biggest weekness. My food of choice. I will see if I can go a month without it. I have a deal with one of co-workers that they do not eat chips for a month. We put $20 on the line so if they eat chips or I eat pizza the other gets paid.

2) One run of 12.5 Km during the month. This will put me on pace for the 1/2 in May if I continue the same increase.

I think those are good to start. We will see how it goes for the month.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gaby said...

That means I'll have to avoid pizza too... poo.

February 02, 2007 11:21 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could always substitute pizza with pizza flavoured goldfish! they are pretty good ;) we tried them a couple of weeks ago b/c they were on sale...so delicious...finished em off in like 30 seconds...it was a sight!

seriously though...great to hear how well you are doing! i'm getting good vibes from your race number...#22 is my fave!

keep it up!!!

t

February 03, 2007 12:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home