Sunday, November 12, 2006

Oh What a Week

So it has been a week since I posted and nothing extreme has happened. I will note a few things.

1. I Ate Pizza - Not the best choice but I was convincing myself I deserved it

2. We ate out a lot this weekend. I didn't have fries, I did have salads instead, but I did have a few dry ribs and a late night dip into a Nacho Platter. These were not good choices.

3. I am down about a pound this week. So that is ok.

4. I may have commited to run a Half Marathon in May. By my calculations that is 21 Km. I may regret that decision down the road but it is something that will keep me motivated after Christmas and New Years. I am thinking to do the 10 Km Sun Run as well.

5. I bought new Running Shoes Today - See Above Commitment

6. I have about a month to Festivus and have 6 lbs to lose to meet that first goal. Time to start the final push to that goal.

7. I have been going through a little bit of a plateau so I have cut back on the weight training a little bit, just to change things up.

8. For the Biggest Loser competition I am officially down 4 lbs but I am still near the back of the back. In my defense I had already been losing weight for like 6 weeks before it started and everyone else started two weeks ago and had the luxury of losing the easy weight to start the competition. I definatly feel like I am working hard enough.

So here we go. 4 weeks to keep it going. Still striving for the under 240 before Festivus. I am feeling that I can probably do it. I am feeling fairly confident that I can pull it out. So confident that I think I am going to try and play basketball for the first time in a year on Thursday.

I will let you know how it goes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Billy,
The Running Room in Coquitlam has Free runs on Wednesdays at 6pm and Sunday's at 8:30am. They will have a running group training for the 1/2. It is well worth it!
Good luck!!

November 13, 2006 4:28 p.m.  
Blogger Duncan McAllister said...

Thanks Aaron. There is a co-worker wanting a trainer partner so I have commited to that so I will see what they have planned. If you have any other advice for the half, let me know.

November 13, 2006 5:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck buddy! i've tried to convince myself to train for a 1/2 but when it comes down to committing i always bail. good for you! it's always easier to motivate yourself when you have a goal to strive for.

i just got my body fat percentage tested at my gym the other day so my new focus is to drop 4 - 5% of my body fat. i'm trying to extend my cardio workouts so that they are longer and less intense. and also drop some sugar from my diet.
i recommend getting tested because it was a huge reality check. i'm more motivated knowing this percentage than knowing my weight.
anyway, keep it up!
t

November 18, 2006 4:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home