Sunday, November 26, 2006

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like....

I love the snow. I have aways loved the snow. I love playing in it and watching it sprinkle down from the heavens. It is peaceful, fancy, and in many ways utopic. It is the single biggest thing I miss while living in Vancouver.

Too bad in the lower mainland snow is few and far between and driving in it is usually too much of a hazard given that no one really know how to drive in it. That is probably because no one really ever has to.

I did venture out into the snow today and did a little slipping and sliding. No harm, no foul. My advice is to try and stay away from steep hills when they are covered in slush and snow. Even if you wanted to stop gravity has other ideas. I believe that there is a friction coefficient that I was violating but nothing was around to smack into so it was all good.

The big news of today is I purchased my first snow shovel. Everyday I start to feel a little more grown up. Soon I will openly complain about the youth of today and enjoy the early bird special at IHOP. The true joys of getting older.

As a quick note, Lola and I will be heading home to the Valley for the first Christmas there in 3 years or so. I am excited to have a White Christmas and spend a few days skating on the lake and a few night swimming in the hot pools. It should be a fun week. Still debating the Drive vs. Flight back into the Valley.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Snow! I completely agree - I think I miss the snow most of all....
Reminds me of more than one evening spent with the boys in the hot tub on your deck - darting out in -20 degree weather to jump into the tub...snow falling if it was a bit warmer, a million stars if it was a bit colder...your feet sticking to the deck on the walk back in because they were wet and the decking was so freaking cold....
Sorry we're going to miss you in the Valley this year - we're not heading out till mid-January...hope you guys have a good time...
JR

November 26, 2006 4:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home