Sunday, October 01, 2006

Days Six and Seven of Hell Week

The weekend was an OK event during Hell Week. I didn't cheat, too much, and I managed to fit in some exercise.

Food:

Saturday:
Bowl of Cheerios, 2% Milk
Two Small Pieces of Leftover Pizza, Delissio Thin Crust
Spicy Italian Penne in a creamy Tomato Sauce, Garlic Bread
Some Cactus Cut Potatos
Crystal Light
Popcorn w/ Marg
Probably too much Diet Pepsi

Sunday:
2 Sweet n' Salty Granola Bars
2 Fruit Source Bars
10 Pieces of Double Bubble - A Baseball Coaching Staple
1 Bottle of Red PowerAid
Foot Long Cold Cut Trio - Mustard instead of Mayo, No Cheese
Crystal Light

Exercise:
Saturday became the day off although washing windows in the trailer for 4 hours was very tiring

Sunday:
Did the Energy Loop in Record Time
9/25/06 it was 36:18.403
9/26/06 it was 37:01.388
Today is was: 34:47.169

Now I have something to strive for. The BIG goal will be to get the loop to under 30:00.000. I am also hoping to have that completed before the end of November.

I also did some calculating and figured this out.

If I am coaching first base and our dugout is on the 3rd Base Side I have to walk to first every inning. So that is about 180 feet there and the same coming back. So let's do a quick calculation;

180+180=Z, so Z would have to be greater than 180, carry the 1, multiple by pi, ok, and divide inside the brackets, ok, so that would be a total of 360 feet. Now I make that trip at least 7 times.

So,

360*7=Y, and so divide both sides of the equation by Z, then take the cosine of the denominator, carry the number to 5 decimal places, and take means I walk a minimum of 2520 feet in a game.

Now we played a double header today,

So that means,

2520*2=X, so a quick BEDMAS calculation, so means to work out the brackets first, and then move to the right, work out the exponent, and, knowing that there is no limit, that works out to 5040 feet today.

OK, so now it get tricky. How does that convert into a tangible unit, such as kilometers.

So,

5040 Feet = N Kilometers, so we need to make the conversion into like units, ok, and then, carry
the 7, right, and then if a the train is travel west as 35 miles per hour leaving St. Louis at 3:00pm and the wind in blowing from the South East at 10 MPH, ok, graph that over the 'x' access, and...

So over the course of a game I would walk a minimum of 1.54 Kilometers. That doesn't take into consideration pacing back and forth when I am frustrated and trips to the mound.

That is kind of crazy when you think about it. No wonder I feel tired when I get home and my feet always seem a little tender.

Anyways, the weigh in is tomorrow and I am starting to get nervous. I feel like I put down a pretty
good week. Reasonably good eating and quite a bit of exercising and I even turned down a Blizzard and didn't have a Slurpee all week.

Oh the anticipation....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really nervous....

Tony...

October 01, 2006 9:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(By "I'm really nervous", I meant - good luck! And I can't wait to read your blog tomorrow to get the good news!)

Tony

October 01, 2006 9:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home