Monday, October 09, 2006

Another Monday...

OK - So it was a holiday but I had to work and did not have a long weekend. I did have a short day, but I still had to go to work. The good news was since I was at work so I went to the gym and made the most of my day.

Food:

2 Packets of Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
1 Yogurt
1 Sweet and Salty Bar
1 Fruit Source Bar
1 Can Five Alive Passion Peach
1 Can Healthy Choice Tomato Vegetable Soup
1 Plate of Spaghetti w/ Tomato Sauce with added Chicken Breast and Mushrooms
1 Can of Coke Zero

Exercise:

23 Minutes on the Treadmill - About 2.8 Km
15 Minutes of Elliptical Trainer

3 Sets of:
Incline Chest Press
Shoulder Press
Bicep Curl
Butterfly Press - or whatever you would call it
Front Raises
Tricep Kick Backs

Medicine Ball:
Torso Twists
Sit-ups

Also of note the weigh-in was this morning and I clocked in at 250 even. Not a bad little week. I know I just can not get discouraged. I need to realize that even if I lose 5 pounds a month that I will reach my ultimate goal in 1 year. While I was on the treadmill I was trying convince myself that it was ok if I only did half a workout or didn't work out at all.

I need to stay focused.

I know that once I get below 240 I can slow down a little bit but I also need to realize that this is a long term lifestyle change. I can not get down to my goal and then stop everything and start putting on the weight again.

I need to make sure that I am comfortable with this being the way things are going to be for a long time, like the rest of my life. I am always going to have to go to the gym a few times a week, not have a bag of chips for dinner very often, not sit around and do nothing but watch TV everyday.

It will be a long haul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home