Sunday, September 24, 2006

Suffering from Serious Lack of Motivation

I am not sure what it is but I am suffering from a lack of motivation. I can not seem to get myself to work out more than every once in awhile. I am just hovering around 257 but think back to april when I got it down to 242 and am not sure what I can use for motivation to get myself done to that level again.

I watched the Biggest Loser last week and found that to be quite motivating but I just continue on the same path. I have done a pretty good job of cutting out junk food, with the exception of slurpees, and have not done too much fast food, with the expection of a breakfast here and there. Food wise I am probably still a little on the high calorie side, but not too bad.

It is on the exercise side that I am really struggle. I need more stuctured activity. I know Road Hockey is coming up soon so that will be good and I know last year that really help me stay focused. I have been thinking about maybe signing up for some stuff to keep me motivated, like boxing, or martial arts, or even just an exercise class, and that way it is a schedule thing I am supposed to be attending.

I think this is the make-or-break week. I am going to really watch what I eat and exercise really hard for the next week and see what happens and see how I feel. I know if I can just get going to can start to lose some wait. I would like to lose 20 lbs before Christmas. That means about 7 pounds a month.

I mean, if that guy can lose 23 pounds in one week on the Biggest Loser I think I can try to lose 20 pounds in 12 weeks.

So here it goes. The old college try, which I think means endless procrastination.

So starting tomorrow I will give it the old college try.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

I've been trying to lose weight, too.

I stumbled across this website:
http://www.runfatboy.net/
I haven't been using it, but it's apparently pretty good.

September 24, 2006 9:04 p.m.  
Blogger Tony said...

Meh,

Just tried that website I recommended - pretty sucky.

September 24, 2006 9:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know a few people who swear by bootcamps. i know that some gyms offer programs on a monthly basis, but you might want to look into designing your own, and get a partner to join you so you can push eachother. i'm terrible when i go to the gym on my own, it's so great to have someone there to train with. that's my biggest tip...it helps me to keep myself accountable.

also, it just so happens that oprah has a 12 week bootcamp program...might be a good place to start?

here is a quote from opes herself;

"So after many years of my weight going up and down—of saying on Monday "I'm going to do it" and by Wednesday failing—I realized that the commitment to do well and to be well is a lifetime of choices that you make daily. The space to live in is not "I'll try." Not "I want to." Not "I really want to." It's "I have decided."

anyway, here's a link

http://www.oprah.com/presents/2005/bootcamp/moves/moves_basic.jhtml

lastly, i really want to hike the chief (3rd peak) this week. i have friday off...you can join me if you are free!

i can give you and lola back your comforter too!

let me know what your schedule is like, and maybe i can join you for some fun workouts!

t

September 24, 2006 10:46 p.m.  
Blogger Todd said...

I'm living in a world of back pain after that ulti tourney last weekend, otherwise I'd pick you up and take you to the gym. Don't loose focus buddy, think of how brutal road hockey is going to be if you don't start now. If you like, I can see if there's more room on our ringette team??? Sorry, couldn't resist.

September 25, 2006 3:15 p.m.  
Blogger Todd said...

I've also heard that those rubber stretchy cords are a really good way to go. They basically use your own bodyweight to do all the work. I've been looking into getting one for when i'm on the road.

September 25, 2006 3:21 p.m.  
Blogger Duncan McAllister said...

The rubber cords are used for good baseball work outs, shoulders, elbows, etc.

September 25, 2006 3:49 p.m.  
Blogger Gaby said...

Actually, I've been looking to get just a couple of simple rubber cords for my ankle. They're great for ankle exercises.

September 25, 2006 5:12 p.m.  
Blogger Duncan McAllister said...

Hey T - I would go but Friday's are not a good day for me. I just need to make sure I continue to get exercise.

September 26, 2006 9:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home