Thursday, July 20, 2006

Uncle Bill

I was reminded of the many great things that you were today.

All the reasons why I will truly miss you.

Your great sense of humour,

Your infectious giggle and lasting smile,

Your patience and understanding,

Your kindness,

Your courage and drive,

Your passion,

Your approach to each day.


And all of these things will be greatly missed.

But maybe what saddened me the most today was the thought that my brother may never understand.

He may never understand that you are gone forever.

Understand what you meant to him.

That you have passed away.

I will miss you on behalf of him as well, which made today twice as hard.

My thoughts today, the ones that made me cry the most, were the thoughts of you and my brother together, and that no one will be that for him again.

For all the great things you were to him.

No one treated him with more care,

More patience,

More life,

More love,

And no one could brighten his day like you.

On his behalf, I will miss you the most.

If the world approached each other with a quarter of your kindness, how much better off we would be.

To the man, my Uncle, that gave so much of his heart to everyone else that he may not have saved enough for himself.


I will miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home