Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Inglewood Poll

The Inglewood Jack presented the debate on his blog so I figured I would put in my two cents.

Vocals - Serj Tankian: There is just sometghing about his energy. His Politics. His Views. All of this makes him a very intriguing singer. I don't own any System of a Down albums but Tankian has a crazy energy that makes me stop and watch him perform. I agree with Inglewood on de la roca and also give an honourable mention to Maynard James Keenan of Tool/A Perfect Circle.

Drums - I am terrible at remembering drummers of anything. This might be a default just because I know who he is, Lar Ulrich. I have seen a few Metallica documentaries and have seen him do some wild stuff. Other drummers that came to mind (other than Moon) was Phil Collins of Genesis, Dave Grohl from Nirvana, and Rick Allen of Def Leppard. I mean Allen can drum with one arm. Grohl and Collins both went on to bigger things beyond drumming and have shown great talent. Collins get marks for Singing and Drumming at the same time.

Bass - I almost have to go a different direction here. Although I agree that Flea is probably the best of our generation. Geddy Lee gets marks for being Canadian and a legend but I think he is better known as a singer. I have to go into the funk era when the bass guitar was king. The flambouyant Bootsy Collins or Robert "Kool" Bell of Earth, Wind and Fire. I will throw in Sid Vicious to be true to my punk sensabilities, although, like most Punkers, he was not known to play very well, let alone great.

Guitar - Seriously, is there anyone better than Angus Young. The guy just rips and has a huge personality. You could definately throw in the likes of Slash, the first guitarist I ever knew the name of, or the legend Jimi Hendrix. My honourable mention goes to Jim Martin of Faith No More just for his crazy hair and the "Epic" video.

As a follow-up: INXS did and does stink. Aussie bastards!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home