Saturday, July 15, 2006

I Gave Up Golf For This

Lola and I were felling ambitious today and gave up golf for some good old fanshion yard work.

Lola and I live in the Ghetto of the Trailer park and are doing our best to gentrify our property to look less like a redneck summer home.

Today we decided to tackle our awful looking car port. The job ended up being a little easier than we thought. It took about 3 hours to take it down and work on the garden (?) that is beside it a little bit.

We have big plans for the front yard.

The one half has already been completed, with the help of the folks. We took out a bunch of the old weeds and grass, trimmed back the trees, and added some red lava rock. I think it is looking better.

People in the neighborhood have been stopping by while we were outside and working and complimenting us on how great it looks. This tells me one of two things:

1) They were sick and tired of looking at our gross ghetto jungle and are happy we finally spruced it up

or

2) People are happy that we spruced up the place so our end of the trailer park doesn't look like the hood, or at least that homeless people lived in our trailer. There fore increasing the land value.

Humourous Note for Today: While lying in bed we heard a knock at the door. I got up, through on my house coat, and answered the door. BAM! Jehovah's Witnesses! They didn't stay to talk though as I think the sight of me in a house coat was like Kryptonite to Superman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home