Friday, June 30, 2006

Democracy is a Sham

I feel that after a week of voting that I am starting to believe Democracy is a flawed system. There is no way that not a single person voting thought that "6 years was not long enough". I feel that maybe the question was misunderstood.

Maybe the voting software had an error.

Maybe Lola's Dad voted 12 times. That sort of thing doesn't fly here in the Fast Lane. Maybe in the Communist Suburb of North Vancouver where the people are all sheep. We here at the Fast Lane are all free thinkers not affected by other peoples opinions. Isn't that right Fast Laners?

Crowd Responds, "That's Right! Viva Duncan!"

I don't know what happened but I do know that something went haywire.

So here is the solution. We are going to have another poll. And this time I want you all to take this seriously. I don't want any double votes - North Shore, I am looking at you. I don't want anyone affected by marriage propaganda and strong arm tactics but the Pro Ball-N-Chainers. Let your heart make the choice.

I know you will all make the right choice.

Isn't that right "Fast Laners!!!"

Crowd Rejoices, "Viva Democracy! Viva Integrity! Viva Duncan!"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know about this new poll...
i vote, just get married already, and we will make sure to make it the party of the century!
t

June 30, 2006 5:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We here at the Fast Lane are all free thinkers not affected by other peoples opinions"
Then what the hell did you ask us for?
Us North Shore Commies resent being called sheep. Just because we hitched up early on in the game doesn't make us followers...
We may have voted for marriage, but only because you seem smitten the Lovely Lola.
If you didn't want our opinion, you shouldn't have asked for it....
We're boycotting the new poll. Viva la revolution!

June 30, 2006 6:37 p.m.  
Blogger Duncan McAllister said...

It looks liek anomymos has picked up on some of the subtle humour and hypocriticness of this posting. Just the reaction I was looking for.

July 01, 2006 12:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad I haven't lost my sixth sense for your "subtleties"....I'm still boycotting the new poll...

July 01, 2006 12:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU SAID IT!! LET YOUR HEART MAKE THE CHOICE, SOUNDS LIKE PRETTY GOOD ADVICE
from V in CBK

July 02, 2006 9:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home