Sunday, March 26, 2006

Walkin' Distance to the Beach and Transit

I finally remembered to take my camera out on a hike around the lake. There is some pretty neat stuff around the lake and trail that I thought I would show everyone.

First cool thing that you run into is a floating bridge. It is about 5 minutes hike frim our place and it is at the very south end of the lake. This is pretty neat and usually has a lot of people walking on it. It marks the start of the Buntzen Lake Trail.

The other really neat stuff is at the north end of the lake. First thing is a resevoir tunnel that runs between a couple of the lakes up our area. Buntzen lake has a few hydro electric pump houses around it but this is the tunnel from Coquitlam Lake. I think it would be super fun to ride it like a giant water slide. I think it is like 2km long so I think if something were to go wrong that wouldn't be so cool. It would then be considered a dead body ejection tube.

The next super cool thing is the suspension bridge. It is not very long and it is not very high but it is still pretty cool. It has some good bounce though so it makes your legs feel like jelly when you get off the other side. It makes the next 500m of the hike interesting anyway.

Anyways, I just wanted to show these of so if you didn't think trailer livin' was awesome then this might change your mind.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

I still have no idea where you live! I suck with geography - what's your address? I want to look you up on google maps to get a better lay of the land.

March 27, 2006 12:28 a.m.  
Blogger Tony said...

I think I found you - are you in Anmore near Buntzen Lake Canoe and Kayak Rentals?

March 27, 2006 12:32 a.m.  
Blogger Duncan McAllister said...

You got it ATB...but thanks...we now need to move again. This witness relocation crap is a bunch of bologna.

March 27, 2006 8:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home