Sunday, March 19, 2006

Super Saturday

Now as a home owner I get to fill my weekends with house work and renovations. Or as i like to call it, "Destructive Contruction".

This weekend my goal was to:

1) Take the wood stove out of the living room

2) Take down the old crappy shed in the back yard

3) Muster the bravery to go into the crawl space

Step one went pretty well as I was able to remove the stove relatively easily. You can see in the picture that it took up some valuble space in the living room. That big silver tube you see in the middle of the room tells me that our house is a boy, and WHAT a boy!!

The crappy shed was a entirely different operation. This thing a a piece of crap and was a little scary to work around as it hangs out over the edge of the hill a little bit. From this first picture you can see both sheds in the back yard flanked by the piling of junk. the crappy shed is the one on the left. The pile of junk consisted of the third shed which is already down and stuff from inside and behind the other two sheds.

With some help from my friend Stu we were able to make a lot of noise and eventually destroy the crappy shed. The pile of junk it now three times as big. I need to have a junk removal company come and clean up this a bit.

Finally I failed to muster the courage to go into the crawl space. From the outside it looks easy enough. I always think I can do it and then I look inside and decide that it is too wet or something. I am starting to believe that anyone that has entered the crawl space and never actually come out alive.



2 Comments:

Blogger Duncan McAllister said...

It was actually in pretty good shape. I pulled the ladder out just after I took the picture.

March 22, 2006 10:53 a.m.  
Blogger Gaby said...

I'm sure as hell not going under there...!

March 26, 2006 6:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home