Wednesday, March 22, 2006

F is for F%@^%$#ing Hippies

For those of you that have followed my blog you might remember a little posting I did called Dial W For Wussy about the wussification of kids these days.

It appears as though people did not listen and my beloved Little League Baseball has done one worse and took the lessons of winning and losing out of the game. I must say that once you take the result out of a game it really is no longer a sport and also does little in the way of teaching lessons to kids about the real world.

I am about to lose it on these damn hippie parents. Let the kids who can hit a home run trot the bases. It gives something for your damn wussy kid to strive for. It is called growth and goal setting. Quit holding other people back because your damn hippie kid is too weak to swing a bat because all you do is feed him soy milk and tofu. ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Read Jay Mohr's article on CNN/SI called Eye-opening experience to see why I am all piss-n-vinegar.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you and the writer and the previous article, W is for Wussy. My only complaint is, please stop blaming the hippies. I really don't think it's that simple. I mean the hippies really were raising kids in the 70s and 80s which would be us, and they weren't doing wussy stuff like this. You know I had to say it! --L

March 23, 2006 12:40 a.m.  
Blogger Duncan McAllister said...

You know and blame it on the hippies just to rib at you. I was think of you, especially with this one as I wwrote it last night.

March 23, 2006 8:18 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dunkie you have a rose coloured image of life. You need counselling. Cyril

March 24, 2006 4:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And to think, they no longer fail kids in school. Know what... just because you are dumb and failed every test, you get to move onto Grad 4!

Kids need to win and lose, they need to fall off their bikes, walk home from school, and realize the benefits of hard work!

March 27, 2006 8:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home