Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Beat Goes On...

Well, after the move and being sick for a week or so I feel I have done pretty well in the weight department. I lost a few more pounds and am starting to feel a lot better about the whole situation. Things are rolling along. I even got out and hiked around our new neighnourhood and found some awesome trails. I will post more about those later.

I have noticed one thing about my weight loss journey. I am not sure it is something that bothers me but it is definately something I find strange. Over the past few weeks a lot of random people have commented on my weight loss. I am not talking about close friends and stuff like that. I mean random people that see me often enough to notice. People like co-workers and parents of the kids I coach at baseball. People who are a little more random in life. I have noticed they have all made the same comment. The conversation goes a little something like this:

Random Person (RP): "Hey Duncan, how's it goin'?"

Duncan: "Pretty fantastic!! Yourself?"

RP: "Pretty good. You look great and more attractive than usual, have you been losing weight."

Duncan: "Yeah, I have been going to the gym and eating a lot better."

RP: "Awesome! You can really see it in your face."

Ok, that is just fine. But I have to say this, "How big was my face before?" I have lost just over 15lbs. My face must have been huge. I never realized that I was walking around with this huge, massive, 15lb overweight face. I have to say that I guess I am glad my giant face has come done in size a bit.

So, in using this I have uploaded two pictures. One is of my face about a year ago and one is my face today. See if you can tell which one is my giant face and my less giant face.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Down 17 (based on the sidebar - not the post)! Way to go Duncan!

Congratulations and keep it up your almost down to the first big milestone hurdle (244)!

KEEP US POSTED!

Tony

PS

I hope you used my pre-diet strategy: "The first weigh-in bulk up" - I wear my heaviest clothes, put some bricks in my pockets....and this is key, make sure I haven't moved my bowels that day. With this strategy the first few pounds are a gimme!

March 12, 2006 4:31 p.m.  
Blogger Duncan McAllister said...

It is all honestly - I weight myself each sunday naked (well mostly naked) and made sure that I taken a crap already. No cheating.

March 12, 2006 8:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw both those mug shots on a milk carton. Cyril

March 17, 2006 11:58 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home