Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Spike TV Stole Our Idea

It turns out that you should always right your ideas down and submit them to a patent office or something as soon as possible. Spike TV has taken an idea that ATB and I had, with a little help from f-Dawg, back a few years ago in University and turned into a new reality TV show.

Sitting around one night ATB and I were, well, probably watching wrestling, came up with an idea for a TV show in which I, the good looking sports stud that I am, would go one-on-one, mano-a-mano, with some of the best pro athletes in the business. I would be set by a couple of rules and the people at home could watch me get pummelled.

Anyways, the first, and really only, challenge that we had was Duncan versus Terrell Davis, former 2000 yard rusher from the Denver Broncos. The idea was, or the challenge, is that in ten attempts I could not tackle him once. He would have to travel ten yards up the field and ten yards of lateral movement would be allowed. ATB and F-Dawg say I would get blasted everytime. I say in 10 attempts I at least trip him up once, but realistically I probably knock him down 4 or 5 times. I have a couple strikes against me like never playing football before but I am quick like a cat and I am really good looking, and that alone would take me to the promise land.

So what do I find on Spike TV last night was an ad for Joes vs. Pros. This is a reality show where everyday Joes go and compete against the Pros. I feel like I should be awarded a finders fee or something. If I lived in the USA I would probably sue those Spike TV masterminds. In the end I just couldn't do it. How could I take on the network that brought us Slamball and MXC? I just thought I would let you all know that we thought of it first and if Spike wants to send a check our way my name is spelled D-U-N-........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home