Thursday, January 12, 2006

With No Warning

It happens about every 4 months or so. It is a worst thing that can happen. It is my biggest fear but it seems that I can do nothing to stop it.

This morning I awake and find it to still be dark outside, which is normal considering I head to work for 6:00am. This morning something was wrong. Something was different.

I quickly realize that I am awake but I haven't hit snooze, I haven't heard the alarm.

I look at the clock but my alarm clock is hard to read with its dim blue numbers. I lift my head a look at Lola's clock. Crap!

It is 6:45am. I am way late for work.

I hate being late. It is the worst feeling in the world. My day was shot.

Why didn't my alarm go off? The answer is simple yet scientific.

The alarm must be turned on before you go to sleep for it the wake you up in the morning. I hang my head in shame.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

There is nothing, NOTHING I hate more than being late. However, I'm a bit conflicted because there is nothing, NOTHING I love more than sleeping in. The thing I love most often results in the thing I hate most...go figure.

January 13, 2006 2:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home