Thursday, January 19, 2006

What Else Do I Enjoy?

I have to say that last night I may have enjoyed once of the best reality TV moments in my viewing history. Skating with Celebraties!

I have to say that is most cases the professional skater is more famous than their D-List celebrity partner but the show is awesome.

I laughed and actually cheered as Todd Bridges fumbled his way though the performance and almost fell a half dozen times.

The moment of the night was when Jillian Barberie, the weather girl from FOX NFL Sunday, a good Canadian kid, came out and blew the freaking doors off the stage, err, rink, and blew away the rest of the competition.

Barberie and Dave Coulier, of Full House fame, seem to be the only celebrities that look comfortable on the ice and with skates which means it is going to be a two horse race.

Bruce Jenner and Todd Bridges look like 5 years olds just leaning how to skate and that makes it entertaining in itself.

The final great moment of the night was when Dorothy Hamill turned to the other judge, some old guy, after he pulled a Simon Cowell on one of the pairs, and asked if he was Russian. I don't think the studio audience heard it but my finely tuned skating politics ear sure did.

Now this is great television, for FOX!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

D'oh!

I saw the first bit of the show, changed the channels in commercials and forgot to flip back! I never saw Todd Bridges!

January 19, 2006 10:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home