Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Torch

I have now, over the past week and a half been enjoying work once again after my six week lay off. It is now that some of you have noticed, especially you Cyril (big props to the big fan) that my blog has not been as updated as often. I need to set reasonable goals for myself for blogging. I mean before I wasn't even working so I has sorts of time to blog but now my after work lazy genes are kicking in.

I think it is only reasonable that I post 2-3 articles a week, no matter how lame. So I will do that starting now. Anyways, in response to the challenging questions posted by Tony, the Basic Thugsnomics professor, I have this post.

1. Total amount of music files on your computer: 95, ranging from country to 50's pop, Britney Spears to Good Charlotte.

2. The last CD you bought was: Cake - Pressure Chief and Linkin Park/Jay-Z - Collision Course were purchased at the same time

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?: The last one I remember hearing in the car was "21st Century Digital Boy"

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:

Learning How to Smile - Everclear - It was never really released as a single but it was a great song. Slow to start with rocking bits in the middle. It just does it all for me.

West End Memorial - Good Riddance - This is a song that has a lot of history and strangely is one of those songs that you can barely understand the lyrics. It has that angry punk growling type singing. I guess that is why it was so great for drunken debauchery.

Jolene - Cake - It is just a song I love to listen to. No real special meaning but I smile when it starts to play

Naveed - Our Lady Peace - There was something in the air that night at edgefest when Our Lady Peace played this song the the whole audience, 10,000 people, started to sing along. It was one of the most surreal moments. That was then followed by a long walk back from Calgary Motor Speedway, luckily finding a buddy to chance a ride to my car back at Mount Royal, driving back to Windermere, sleeping for 3 hours and then driving to Burnaby for my first day at SFU.

Wonderwall - Oasis - I know that you all groaned but this song with always be attached to going to "AA" Basketball Provincials and having the best road trip ever. 13 Guys in a Van driving from Langley to Vancouver to watch a Grizzlies game, singing our guts out. Man that was awesome. At the same time N Trance's version of "Stayin' Alive" evoke the same memories.

Anyways, that is mine. I will have a real post in less than two days.

I promise.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

You're the man B2k...that was quick!

March 03, 2005 1:47 a.m.  
Blogger Ryan Mottau said...

Somehow we came up with the same most recent CD purchased.

Excellent post/thread (thanks to tony for gettting this going)

March 03, 2005 4:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duncan-- take another 6 weeks off -- it improves your blog. Cyril

March 03, 2005 5:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duncan: Six Weeks Off-- too long for holidays, too long for a suspension, are you actually sicker than your blog would suggest? Cyril

March 03, 2005 7:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home