Friday, March 18, 2005

Blame It On The Rain, Hey, Milli Vanilli Did!

I know that you have all met that person. The guy or girl that has an excuse for everything they do that is a mistake. That nothing that ever happens is their fault. That something outside of them is causing them to screw up. I have to say that I do not enjoy these people.

I do have one obvious statement to make, "Sometimes it really isn't your fault but most of the time it is, so live with it."

I believe that Darwin has a little theory on evolution that you should all look into because it covers something called adaptation.

It doesn't matter that you are 6'5" and the tables are "too short", because like the teacher said, they have had much taller people in the class before that did just fine.

But Duncan, "It is not my fault I was late because I couldn't find parking!"

First of all the statement implicates yourself in the crime as 'you' could not find parking but that is still not a valid reason to show up late to your job interview. Next time try leaving earlier, or don't look for free parking for so long and put a damn quarter in the meter.

Please take some of the blame, or maybe all of it. Sometimes you can not be successful at something because you are just not good at it or you do not want to work that hard at it. Having excuses for everything is annoying and really shows me the kind of person you are.

No, not all the other drivers are bad, and no they were not just slamming on their breaks in front of you, and no the cops do not give you speeding tickets just because you look suspicious. Maybe YOU are the bad driver, maybe the person in front of you actually slows down and stop when the yellow light appears, and maybe YOU got a speeding ticket because YOU were freaking speeding.

There is nothing wrong with admitting you made a mistake because then you can live, learn, and improve yourself for next time. There is nothing wrong with saying sorry because you screwed up. There is something wrong with blaming your mistake on someone else because then you will never improve yourself as you are always looking for the situation to improve, for the world to change. I guess you will be waiting for awhile

Adapt, change, make an adjustment!

There is always something that YOU can do. If you were perfect and knew everything and everything that went wrong was someone else's fault, I have a news flash, you wouldn't be making minimum wage when you are 30 years old.

Crap - I make minimum wage! What has the world done to ME!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gaby said...

I can empathize with your friend from work... it's the world that is always causing the problems--there's absolutely nothing wrong with me!

March 20, 2005 10:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home