Monday, January 24, 2005

Super Heroes and Super Blunders

Have you ever thought that maybe superheroes have had some bad experiences? I don't mean that a villain has finally got the best of them, but that they have possibly fallen victim to their own super powers.
Take Spiderman, for example.
Let's just say that old Peter Parker is sitting at home after a long day of fighting crime and decides to clean the old web-slinger. So he is cleaning away and then all of a sudden it goes off by accident and shoots webbing all over him. You have got to think that he would not be happy about this, and Aunt May would also be a bit upset. Think about it. I'm sure this has happened, but of course no one will know about it. Why would he tell anyone? Now that was just one hero. What about the rest of them?
I wonder if Superman has ever been relaxing at home and super-bagged himself. We all have done it. It is nothing to be ashamed of. Ah, you are probably all thinking that Superman has super strength, but I think that is exactly how it would happen. The only thing that can bag old Superman is his own slip of the hand. Just think about it.
What about Wonder Woman?
She may take her invisible jet to the bar and maybe she lets loose with a few rounds and shooters, and all of a sudden it's closing time. Now Wonder Woman is a little bit tipsy and can't quite remember exactly where she parked, and an invisible jet is pretty hard to find. On the other hand, she might know where it is, but in her drunken haze walk headfirst into a wing tip and knock herself out cold. Hey, it could happen.
Then there's the Flash. I bet he's sprinted down the street and all of a sudden wiped out on a crack in the sidewalk. He would slide for blocks. I bet the worst case of road rash ever recorded was on the Flash.
And how about the Hulk? I bet the Hulk has ripped clean out of his clothes and found himself having to fight evil stark naked. If I were evil, this would definitely be an event which would make me want to end my life of crime and take that supermarket promotion I was offered.
There are so many more that I could illustrate, but I think I have got my point across. In the end, through all the smoke and whistles that make every Superhero seem perfect, I believe a klutz inside them all has shown his face and made every hero look like a mortal being. Look at the Tick and his friends in the fight against evil and tell me that's such a bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home